Tuesday 10 April 2012

Review & Swatches: My Inglot Blush Palette

Here is my new/first Inglot blush palette!! 

UPDATE APRIL 3RD 2013 - I HAVE EDITED THESE PHOTOS AND CAPTIONS AFTER DISCOVERING I HAD THE WRONG NAMES NEXT TO THE SWATCHES!! HOW BLOODY EMBARRASSING! I HAD JUST GUESSED AS I COULDN'T PRY THEM OUT OF THE PAN, BUT I DID TODAY AND BOY WERE SOME OF THEM WRONG! I HAVE NEW PHOTOS WITH THE CORRECT NAMES LISTED BELOW - I AM SO SORRY!!!!!

A part of Inglot's "Freedom System" (which I briefly touched on in my eyeshadow video here) includes a blush palette made up of 4 blushes of your choice! A full blush palette here in Australia costs a total of $79 ($15 for the palette, $16 per single blush). I think you get a lot more value for money with the palette versus the single blushes, as one single blush is $22/$28 (regular face blush/AMC face blush) for 2.5g, but in the palette you pay $16 for 7g?! Confusing, hey?

I was never ready to fork out $79 for this palette, but I was fortunate enough to receive a $50 gift voucher  from my boyfriend's Mum for my birthday (birthday haul video here) which covered most of the costs (Thank you Rita)!!

I worked one-on-one with a MUA at Inglot to pick appropriate shades for my skintone - they're usually pretty friendly staff there, I've only ever had one awkward experience... But that's another story.


Overall, these blushes are smooth and easy to apply. They are super pigmented (like all other Inglot products) so I do not recommend using a LOT of product on your brush - one sweep is more than enough!

So I shall end this post with some swatches on my arm, some price comparisons between Inglot, MAC & NARS (in Aus) & some other photos of the back of the palette and such. I definitely recommend checking out Inglot if you have the chance - it is by far my favourite makeup brand, more affordable than MAC (at least in Australia) and soooo pigmented!!

Love Krystal xo





PRICE COMPARISONS IN AUSTRALIA:
Inglot individual face blush: $22 for 2.5g/0.09 US oz
Inglot individual AMC face blush: $28 for 2.5g/0.09 US oz
Inglot Freedom System blush in palette: $16 for 7g/0.25 US oz
MAC blush: $41 for 6g/0.21 US oz
NARS blush: $49 for 4.5(ish)g/0.16 US oz



1 comment: