Thursday 8 November 2012

Review & Swatch: Butter London Pillar Box Red

The October 2012 issue of InStyle magazine came with a free gift; a choice of one of 2 Butter London polishes: Pillar Box Red or Pink Ribbon. As you can see, I picked up Pillar Box Red.

Pillar Box Red is a staple red for any polish collection. I was attracted to it more over Pink Ribbon for that very reason - Red is a very wearable colour & I knew I'd get a lot of use out of it.

To be completely honest, this polish didn't blow me away. It chipped VERY easily, even with a top coat! It took 2-3 coats to achieve an opaque colour too. Not super impressed. 

I am glad that I only had to pay $8.95 for the magazine and polish rather than a hefty $22 for the polish alone! Ouch!

Other Butter London polishes look incredibly pretty online, but after my experience with this one I am not so tempted anymore.

Krystal x

No comments:

Post a Comment